Sunday 12 June 2011

Round 7: Apples

In spite of Lost.in.Idaho winning two extra votes for Donkey Kong, it's a surprising result of Fender Guitars on top by the smallest of margins. 
Lost... blogs wittily at "My Own Private Idaho", check it.

...and in honour of his knowledge (Round 6 was an 'F' on Les Paul's birthday so I went for Fender. Makes sense in the odd universe that is Alphabet Wars, trust me) and a as a belated bday nod to old Les Paul, we will compare apples with apples this round.



There it is - Excalibur

vs.


It's famous for its sustain


You don't need to know anything about guitars - just...

...pick a favourite between Fender or Gibson and post in the comments.


Also, name the movies the caption quotes come from.
Bonus vote for each one..

28 comments:

  1. Well, since you don't need to know anything, I pick fender. Because it sounds like Bender, and he's one cool dude.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always preferred the sound of the gibsons.

    Thanks for the shoutout, man! You picked a heck of a weekend too. Newbies who stumble upon my blog are in for a hoot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gibson. Gibson, gibson, gibson. Can't be anything else

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its got to be the Gibson Guitars for me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. fender, just because. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. gibson hands down. i have 2 gibbys - love them

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fender, fender, fender, fender. Can't be anything else, well Disgruntled started it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm going to be different and say Fender and not because it rhymes with Bender. Ok, because it rhymes with Bender.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm clueless on this one, but I think I'll stick with fenders.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The greatest guitar solo I have ever had the privileged of hearing was played on a customized Fender Strat. Definitely going with Fender!

    ReplyDelete
  11. In absence of a Rickenbacher choice, I'll have to go with Gibson.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm not informed about guitars so I pass this round :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yeah, I think I gotta go with Fender. It was my first, and I loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. lol @ Moobeat - make up your mind!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Voting closed for this round.

    ReplyDelete

I moderate comments so I get notified and can keep track of who is dropping by. I check back on your blogs. If I like what I see I'll be back regularly. : ] (Please don't advertise and NO CUSSIN'!).